We are looking for an Architect, designer and drafts person for a residential high-performance design firm. No minimum years of experience are required as long as our list of essential skills is met, and preferred skills are available to some extent. You will wear many hats, as this is a small but growing company. We have a huge passion for performance-based design and a holistic approach to sustainability. We are looking for partners in our mission to design better homes for the 21st century.
- proven yourself as an architectural designer and have a portfolio to illustrate your (built) body of work.
- significant experience with the production of working drawings and specifications.
- significant experience with highly detailed residential (and commercial) designs.
- significant experience with Graphisoft ArchiCAD and teamwork workflows. (We use the ArchiCAD BIM server and stay current with ArchiCAD versions.)
- have great passion for advanced design and engineering in the building industry and you want to advance practices and standards.
- have a passion for and experience with high-performance building envelopes.
- understand “holistic approach” and “sustainability”.
- bring a good understanding of basic building science (e.g. moisture transfer, insulation values, airtightness, etc.).
- have basic experience on the jobsite or in construction observation and a great understanding of how stuff gets built.
- have some experience with green building standards and certifications, e.g. LEED, Passive House, Minergie, MN GreenStar, Energy Star, HERS, etc.
- have some experience with energy modeling.
- can identify the tasks needed to complete a project.
- can lead and shape workflows.
- are organized and can plug into an existing office infrastructure.
- see and find work.
- can work independently but also follow instructions.
- are at home with Mac OS X, Microsoft Excel and Word, and you may know Apple Keynote and Pages, as well as Graphisoft EcoDesigner.
- We strongly believe in a holistic design approach for sustainable homes.
- Our work environment is highly collaborative.
- You may have the opportunity to do work with our commercial partner firm Intep in our shared office.
- You will encounter German-speaking co-workers; no worries, all are fluent in English.
Terms and Salary
- 3-month contractor arrangement to test the waters.
- Option for extended contract, part-, or full-time employment.
- We are a small and nimble firm. We can individually negotiate your pay and our working conditions.
Interested. Please contact us via the contact link on this page and reference this job posting.